Building on the Best: December 8th in Chicago
Hosted by AIA Chicago and USGBC Illinois, this event features the expertise of our research and engineering staff.
Building on the Best
December 8, 2015 | IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law | Hosted by AIA Chicago and USGBC Illinois
Buildings of the future and climate resilience strategies
- Doug Ahl, PhD, Research Director, Seventhwave
- Nora Wang, Senior Engineer; Associate Program Manager for Building Efficiency, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Explore a future where buildings are self-aware and continuously anticipate and react to changes in weather, time of day and occupant needs to optimize energy and water use and contribute to a cleaner environment.
Platinum performance in a multi-tenant developer project
- Scott Hackel, PE, LEED AP, Principal Energy Engineer, Seventhwave
- Alisa Petersen, Energy Engineer, Seventhwave
- Jody Shaw, Architect, Potter Lawson
Learn how one developer and design team took a nontraditional approach in delivering a multi-tenant, market-rate, 85,000-square foot commercial building, while attaining LEED Platinum certification and using 40% less energy than similar buildings.